Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone!

We both have some time off. Madame Shoe has gone to her native land and is enjoying her role as the Dame of Sark. For those who don't know, Sark is a tiny island and is one of the last enclaves of our empire (off the coast of France as it happens, hence the name).

I on the other hand am at home, but have spent the whole day painting our stairwell which is why the post is so late. I am speckled with white paint but satisfied with the first coat. More tomorrow unfortunately. But this is all good because it means that all I have to share with you is some images of our second summer shoe, this rather jaunty desert boot in stone nubuck with a natural crepe sole. I like it a lot, but with the crepe, it somehow does not look like one of our boots. But I am growing to love it and we have already taken an order for a pair of shoes with a similar sole, so that is great.

I particularly like the ribbon tug and the mulberry lining.













So all that is left for me to say, shoe fans, is a very happy Easter. May you eat plenty of chocolate and rest your weary bodies, to return rejuvenated next week.

Until then, happy shoemaking!