Friday, September 24, 2010

Origin, The London Craft Fair

Set up Wednesday; opening day with the Other One Thursday; and my first day today. I am pooped but happy. We were slightly concerned about the new venue, but the crowds were big; the stands great; and sales good. The only downside was laughing boy here only taking a T-shirt on the day the winter started. Old Spitalfields is essentially an outdoor venue with a roof, so the icy north wind was a little testing. Live and learn though, tomorrow will see me more suitably clad. Many thanks go to the fellow exhibitors who lent me scarf, hat and gloves - lovely bunch, craftsmen.













Our stand looks lovely and we have received plenty of positive comments. Met press, buyers, some old clients and many new ones. I think it is going to be a good week.

This does mean that this week I have not been making shoes, so there will be a little break from the usual format. Shanks next week!

So, until then, happy shoemaking.